Re: Word to PDF vs. Frame to PDF

Subject: Re: Word to PDF vs. Frame to PDF
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:07:35 +1000

Karen,
I think some of the answer will depend on whether you've upgraded to Acrobat 4.

My experience is very limited, but I found that converting a moderately
complex Word file using Acrobat 3 was painful and gave poor results (lack
of graphics and/or text quality) unless I did a lot of tweaking of
settings. Then I got Acrobat 4; converting the same Word file was easy,
hassle-free, and gave excellent results.

I haven't tried converting a FrameMaker file.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Avalook at Australia: Travel site http://www.avalook.com.au/
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au