Re: Programmer/Writer?

Subject: Re: Programmer/Writer?
From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- arrakis -dot- es>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:24:21 +0200

I forget who said this, but it was a reference to a quote of
a quote that responded to some corruption of an original
statement made to contradict somebody else's response to...
well, it goes on.

Tech writing is a trade. We're not talking about
being the next Emerson. The
written word takes brains, practice, and
experience to be a good writer.

and

The written
word is a science and takes time, practice, and
skill to be a good writer...

My point is, I don't think all the brains, practice, or
experience in the world could make the written word a good
writer. Nor will time and skill make the written word
perform any better.

cud (flame-bait biter)

ps
Saying the written word is a science is a bit like saying a
rock is geology. My father had a good quip I like to drag
out from time to time... "I don't know much about science,
but I know what I like!" Not that any of this amounts to
much.