Squashed ego--techwriter syndrome?

Subject: Squashed ego--techwriter syndrome?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:37:37 -0400

Hallo:

I just finished a project . . . three books (two small) and online help. Two
books (including a 600-pager) were original pieces, the third was a
reformatting and editing of an existing piece. The online help was new.

The project manager fired off an e-mail genuinely thanking everyone for
their effort and specifically thanking me for "beautifying" the
documentation. I'm, er, not entirely happy with that. It would have been
better had nothing been said. "Beautifying" ????????????

What the . . . heck . . . do I do with that? Thoughts? Do I just suck it up
and take the thoughts in the vein they were . . . er . . . intended.

Hey, I gotta go, I have an org chart to jump on and a memo to reformat.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com