Re: Squashed ego--techwriter syndrome?

Subject: Re: Squashed ego--techwriter syndrome?
From: "Jonathan Soukup" <jsoukup -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- Quodata -dot- Com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:53:20 -0500

> The project manager fired off an e-mail genuinely thanking everyone for
> their effort and specifically thanking me for "beautifying" the
> documentation. I'm, er, not entirely happy with that. It would have been
> better had nothing been said. "Beautifying" ????????????

Sean,

I don't mean to pick on you, but this sounds like something my mother would
say. I think it's fair to say that you probably have a better command of the
written word than the product manager. I wouldn't give it too much thought.
I think it's great that you received some personal recognition. It's obvious
that you are doing a great job over there.

-Jonathan