Repeating Steps Task

Subject: Repeating Steps Task
From: Johnst -at- memo -dot- acehardware -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM, robolist -at- news -dot- blue-sky -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:17 -0500

From: Johnst -at- memo -dot- acehardware -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:17:14 -0500

I have a question that I've researched through the Techwr-l & Robolist
archives (I've cross-posted this message to each listserv). I found a few
answers, but they didn't specifically answer my question. I work with a
team of doc writers & we are writing online docs (using RoboHELP HTML 7.0).
We are in the process of reviewing topics & setting standards. One area we
need to set a standard on is how to document "repeating steps". For
example, some of us are stating "Repeat steps 2 and 3 to/until...", while
others are stating "In order to..., repeat steps 2 and 3". I would be
interested in learning how other writers are handling the "repeat step"
task. Thanks for your input and have a great day.