WAS: Squashed egos Now: 400% Longer

Subject: WAS: Squashed egos Now: 400% Longer
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 06:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, guys...I'd like to throw this out to the list...

Is this correction and explaination accurate? I'm not
attampting to dispute the person who sent me
this...the only reason I ask is that sometimes we make
similar statements in documentation and we/I may be
inaccurate in my math.

> > 4 months is 400% longer than 4 weeks...4 times
> > longer.
>
> Actually, John, 4 months is 300% longer than 4
> weeks, 3 times longer, or 4 times as long.
>
> Assuming 1 month equals 4 weeks:
> * One month is 0% longer than 4 weeks (1 time as
> long).
> * Two months is 100% longer than 4 weeks (2 times
> as long).
> * Three months is 200% longer than 4 weeks (3
> times as long).
> * Four months is 300% longer than 4 weeks (4 times
> as long).

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard