OT: Was: Squashed egos, Now: 400% Longer

Subject: OT: Was: Squashed egos, Now: 400% Longer
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:26:32 -0700

John Posada wrote:

> Is this ... explanation accurate?

Oh, yes, absolutely! Whoever wrote that showed great wisdom and insight.
;)

Seriously, though...

If a package of coffee normally contains 8 oz, then a 10-oz package could advertise "25% more!" (It's 25% larger than usual, or 125% as large.)

If that same package contained 12 oz, it could say "50% more!" (It's 50% larger than, or 150% as large as, the usual 8-oz package.)

If it contained 16 oz, it could say "100% more!" (It's 100% larger than, or 200% as large as, the usual 8-oz package.)

So, 16 weeks is 4 times as long as 4 weeks (400% of the 4-wk time), or 12 weeks longer than 4 weeks (300% additional time).

--David

P.S. Anybody know where I can get that half-price coffee?

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3.1, still the easiest way to create and maintain
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!