RE: Reasons not to use Courier font

Subject: RE: Reasons not to use Courier font
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:07:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, October 5, the world broke into loud
hosannas as Beth Kane said:

"If you're going to use a serif font, I believe you'll
find that both
readability and aesthetics improve with fonts such as:
- (New) Century Schoolbook
- Bookman
- Garamond
- Palatino"

IMHO, various of the versions of these fonts are of
poor quality. Given a properly done font, I'd agree.

In addition, I've had success with Stone Serif. It is
extremely readable, has a large x-height, and is very
well proportioned.

This is an Adobe font. If you're on a budget (and who
isn't?) I think you can find it on the CD that
accompanies the PageMaker "Classroom in a Book."

That CD also gives you Minion and Myriad.

HTH

David Neeley

=====