RE: Leggo my eggo

Subject: RE: Leggo my eggo
From: "Murrell, Thomas" <TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:58:33 -0400

LOLOL.

Andrew, you are one great humorist. That was the funniest of your essays to
date. (Well, maybe the Ideal Workplace was funnier; it is difficult to
judge.)

As with all humor, there is a kernel of truth in what you say. Far more
often than we give ourselves credit, we ARE the ones responsible for our
lives and our fates. It is good to be reminded of such from time to time.

It is also good for us to let off steam from time to time. On the
off-chance that you didn't recognize it as such when you wrote your little
essay, consider how many of us work in relative isolation from other
professional writers. We can't complain to the customer, we can't complain
to coworkers. We can only complain to our significant others so much before
they let us know they're tired of it, too.

One of the useful services TECHWR-L performs is to allow folks in isolation
to vent with each other so that we can then go about our tasks with more
serenity.

Did you know that emails CAN be deleted unread if the thread is not
appealing?

Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems