Re: Leggo my eggo

Subject: Re: Leggo my eggo
From: "jane" <judydh -at- total -dot- net>
To: "Andrew Plato" <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 17:44:48 -0400

Andrew,

Bullshit.

You sound like a cranky old man today.

Yes, some people's bosses won't let them be creative. So they either
a) do everything creative behind the bosses' back, or
b) vent, stew, bitch, complain, and leave.

When they do b), they sincerely believe that their creativity is integral to
the success of their role in the company (rightly) and that their success
enhances the company's success (less rightly, but not as wrongly as
non-creative bosses would have their underlings believe) . And when they do
b), leave, they rejoice in the fact that other people leave in their wake,
they rejoice in any stock dip that the company gets, and they say "I told
you so" when management changes (be it in 1 year to 100 years) to be more
enlightened or creative.

I understand what people say when they say we are responsible for our
immediate environment/career paths/work productivity/personal hygeine, but
we are NOT entirely responsible for the amount of creativity we have or have
need or permission to express on the job. Sorry, you can only get away with
so many bullet formats. Some places give you major demerits for doing
anything without a committee.

Sheesh. I have to say, you Americans sure think funny. How much one person
can do in isolation? Who does it serve to think "Anything"? Philosophy,
anyone?

Sincerely

Jane
who gets to be creative without a lot of a) (from above)