RE: Is there an official term?

Subject: RE: Is there an official term?
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:57:52 -0700

Quill pen and fancy home made ink?!

When I started in technical writing, we used chisels and stone tablets.

Call em' "screen(s)"

As in "...enter the customers name on screen..."


Barry Kieffer
Not using my Remington Typewriter anymore (retired it yesterday).

> In the "old" days, when I used a quill pen, and ink that I made by
> boiling bark and old shoes, we used CRTs and inquiry and maintenance
> functions were performed on CRT screens. We still use the term "CRT
> screens" to refer to the 3270-emulation mode.
> I think that, if the terminology is not outmoded today, it probably will
> be by tomorrow at 3:00. Is there some sort of official term for these
> screens? If not, consider this a naming contest; all entries considered;
> not many fabulous prizes.
> Thanks,
> Jo Baer

Previous by Author: RE: Two RH 2000 & WWP questions
Next by Author: RE: Frustrating/annoying disappearing changes trick (long)
Previous by Thread: Is there an official term?
Next by Thread: Re: Is there an official term?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads