Using RoboHelp to single source online help and printed doc

Subject: Using RoboHelp to single source online help and printed doc
From: "Diane Heald" <heald -at- iag -dot- net>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 09:43:16 -0400

I want to use RoboHelp to single source online hlep and to create printed
documentation. The biggest problem, I see, however, is that I have a screen
capture for every topic in my printed doc. I do not have the screen capture
in the online help because it is not needed there since the user is looking
at the screen anyway.

I have many online help files and many corresponding Word documents for
printed doc. I currently maintain each separately.

Is there an easy way to put the screen captures in the online help but not
have them appear in the online help? But yet to have them appear in the
printed doc when I do the single source generate printed doc operation?

Currently in my printed doc, I link each of these screen captures. I do not
embed them.

Thanks for any help. I use RoboHelp Classic 7.00.139. I also have RoboHelp
2000 but I haven't loaded it yet.

Diane

Diane Heald
Independent Technical Writer