Webworks Guru question

Subject: Webworks Guru question
From: "Tristan Bishop" <claritydocs -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:13:33 -0700

Hi there,

This one is a doozy to explain, so you may want to delete it if you aren't
familiar with WebWorks.

I'm in FrameMaker 5.5.6 for Win, converting documents to HTML using
Quadralay's WebWorks 2000. I'm using a custom version of their "Portable
HTML" template.

I've been experimenting with graphic formats for my single-sourcing project.
I'm printing training manuals and making an Intranet from the same set of
Frame files.

I've decided to import JPEG's by reference into my Frame chapters at 300
DPI. All tested graphic formats (GIF, jpeg, tiff, png) seem to print fairly
equally in the paper version of the Frame docs. My decision to go with JPEG
is because, in the Quadralay Portable HTML temple, the "JPEG by reference"
graphic style looks the clearest and is quick to generate.

However, unlike the other graphics styles in the WebWorks portable HTML
template, the "JPEG by reference" style doesn't allow me to set the import
DPI. The result is that I get HUGE graphics on the HTML page. They're
gigantic. (Very clear, which is good, but I need size control)

Any way around this? Again, to summarize, I'm importing JPEG's by reference
into frame at 300 DPI, because this creates the correct output for print.
Then, for ease of generation, I want to create my HTML graphics using the
"JPEG by reference" style in the WW2K portable HTML template.

Do any of you know how I can control the size of the display of the final
HTML graphic output under these exact circumstances?

Thanks a million!

Tristan Bishop
Clarity Consulting

PS: If there's a Webwork's list more appropriate than these lists, please
do let me know.