Re: CD Browsers, Tutorials, DemoShield

Subject: Re: CD Browsers, Tutorials, DemoShield
From: Damien_Braniff -at- pac -dot- co -dot- uk
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:19:49 +0100

Kristina,
We've had Demoshield for about a year now (even went on the training courses)
and have so far found it to be excellent for what we want it to do. Like you,
we use it to create a front end for the CD which provides access to the software
to install, tech lit etc. Only really had time to play with the tutorial bit
but that's going to be more important in the near future. Relatively easy to
use (if you have a copy to play with and want training the Basic course is
probably a waste of time - covers features etc and you'll know most of these if
you've played with it) and gives several options from simply recording and
playback to proper interactive demos where the user has to type into selected
fields, click on buttons etc to get it to work - keeps them awake!

We looked at several other (IconAuthor etc) and while some were all singing and
dancing they were OTT for what we wanted. DS had all the features we wanted at
a fraction of the cost.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International