RE: FullShot?

Subject: RE: FullShot?
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:43:42 +0100

I've never used FullShot, but I have suffered with those 'funky check scroll
bars'. I assume that these look OK when on-screen, but take on a
chess-board appearance when printed. In addition, I assume that you're
using Windows.

If this is so, then the problem is almost certainly due to pattern
interference. Windows paints those scroll bars (and certain other graphics
elements) using a process (called dithering) in which alternate pixels have
different colours. You can see this if you zoom in to a screen shot. Now,
all digital printers produce images by laying down a pattern of dots.
However, for a printer, the dot size is a lot smaller than for the dithering
of Windows. When you overlay these two patterns (which you must do to
print), you get the checkerboard effect.

The only completely successfull method that I've found is to touch up the
screen shots, replacing the patterns with solid colour. For the standard
Windows colour scheme, I've found an RGB value of 224,224,224 (or E0,E0,E0
in hexadecimal) to be a good match.


Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kevin Feeman
> Has anyone ever used a screen capture program called
> FullShot? My manager
> thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread and wants me to use it.
> However, I get the funky checked scroll bars when I do screen
> captures.
> Therefore, I was wondering if anyone has ever used the
> program and how this
> problem could be corrected. Thanks in advance.

Previous by Author: RE: Compare Illustrator and Coreldraw
Next by Author: RE: Intranet Site/Icons
Previous by Thread: FullShot?
Next by Thread: RE: FullShot?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads