RE: Compare Illustrator and Coreldraw

Subject: RE: Compare Illustrator and Coreldraw
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'Jennifer O Neill'" <jennifer -dot- oneill -at- village -dot- uunet -dot- be>, "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:20:29 +0100

I can't give you any advantages of Illustrator over Draw!, but I *can* give
some advantages of Draw! over Illustrator from personal experience.

In a previous job, I used Corel Presentations and Corel Draw while an
illustration bureau that we used were on Macs and Illustrator. We had no
end of problems with importing AI files into Draw or Presentations to do
minor rework -- it was often cheaper to get the bureau to do the deed.
Also, Word (then in version 6) frequently corrupted the illustrations. This
meant that we had to import (and then correct) several illustrations into
Draw, and then export to WMF.

It's all about compatibility. If you use Draw in-house, then you will
potentially save some grief if your contract illustrator uses Draw and not
AI. At least you'll be able to play around with the images and export them
in a format that Word understands. Then again, if you were using Frame
instead of Word, Illustrator would probably be the better option.

Just my two eurocents,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk