RE: Numbering the headings. What is the point?

Subject: RE: Numbering the headings. What is the point?
From: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:30:11 -0700

The only other argument I see for numbered heads is to indicate heirarchy of
the information. But good page design will solve that problem without using
the archaic and intimidating numbered headings.

It's funny this came up. I'm redesigning the format of our proposals as we
"speak," and my first change was to yank those numbered heads in favor of
white space and indented subheads. We'll see how that goes over.

Karen Field
Sr. Technical Writer
Stellcom, Inc.
kfield -at- stellcom -dot- com