RE: Repeating Steps Task

Subject: RE: Repeating Steps Task
From: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>
To: "'Mason, Catheryn'" <CMason -at- INFINITEC-COM -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:09:47 -0700

The question seems to be: conditional info first, or action info first? To
illustrate why I believe it's best to put the conditional info first, I'll
use an example from a friend who used to teach Drivers Ed (in the car). He
said, "I've learned to tell a new driver __when__ to do something before
telling them __what__ to do. For example, 'At the stop sign, turn left.'
Otherwise I find drivers will end up turning and parking on somebody's
lawn."

Karen Field
Sr. Technical Writer
Stellcom, Inc.