Converting 1000s of files to PDF

Subject: Converting 1000s of files to PDF
From: Ruth Lundquist <rlundquist -at- prosarcorp -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:43:33 -0500

This is related to the document management aspect of technical writing:

We have tens of thousands of files in various formats (mostly Word & TIF)
that need to be converted to PDF (don't ask why--it's a long, boring
story).

Does anyone know of an utility/program/process that allows quick conversion
of this many files? Currently, we are dragging & dropping each file into
Acrobat, so I expect us to be done somewhere around June 13, 2007. There's
got to be a better way.

I receive TECHWR-L as a digest, so please respond to me directly as well as
to the list.

Thanks!

Ruth
rlundquist -at- prosarcorp -dot- com