Re: Spell Checkers - ??OT

Subject: Re: Spell Checkers - ??OT
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "Kathi Jan Knill" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- template -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:19:20 +1000

Kathi Jan Knill <kathi -dot- knill -at- template -dot- com> asked,

>I have a question about the Framemaker Spell Checker.
>Does anyone know if it is the type of checker that only checks new words
>since the last spell check was run? Or does it actually run through the
>whole file each time?

From my new book:

FrameMaker ordinarily rechecks only paragraphs that have been edited since
the previous check. If you change options after checking a document, you
may want to run the spelling checker again; if so, you need to tell
FrameMaker to mark all paragraphs for rechecking.

To mark all paragraphs for rechecking:

1. On the Edit menu, click Spelling Checker. On the Spelling Checker
dialog, click Dictionaries.

2. On the Dictionary Functions dialog, select Mark All Paragraphs for
Rechecking and click OK.

3. Run the spelling checker as usual.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Avalook at Australia Travel site: http://www.avalook.com.au/
Now available: Electronic Editing, A quick start guide for
editing students, experienced editors making the
switch from paper to online, and anyone who needs
to write or edit electronically. For details:
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/e-edit.htm