Re: Page numbering problems in Word

Subject: Re: Page numbering problems in Word
From: Lynn & Elizabeth <lap8068 -at- w-link -dot- net>
To: To:
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 13:59:55 -0800

Sarah,
It sounds like you are trying to use one template for an entire documemt. I
suggest that you create separate templates for the different functional
sections of the document, that is, frontmatter (Title page, abstract, TOC,
etc.), main document (the meat of the document), and the backmatter
(Appendixes, glossary, and index). In this way you can create styles which
apply to the specific section you are defining, that is, chapter and page
numbering, etc. When the doc is finished you can compile the TOC, TOF using
the rd (reference document) field code to collect the nesessary data from
the seperate documents. I use this system regularly and it works well.

Good luck.
Lynn Palmiter Jr.