Terminology software

Subject: Terminology software
From: Maaike Groenewege <mgr -at- mediasys -dot- nl>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:31:39 +0200

Hello all,

Are there people on this list that have experience with terminology
management software such as Trados Multiterm or SDL Termbase? Our
documentation and QA teams want to set up a terminology database that will
initially be used by ourselves, but eventually also by our software
engineers. The terms will be entered in English, Dutch and German.

Since we've got about 40 software engineers walking around here, it wouldn't
be a problem to get one of them to help me setting up a database in MS
Access with some kind of web interface. However, I'd like to find out what
the advantages are of 'professional' terminology software before I take that
loooong road :o)

Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks,

Maaike Groenewege