Re: Are these words being used?

Subject: Re: Are these words being used?
From: "Murrell, Thomas" <TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:08:51 -0500

My first reaction is that SMEs should stick to their area of expertise and
leave questions of language to the writer. Language should be an area where
the writer is the SME.

Upon further consideration, I might probe to understand both the audience
and my SME's motives better. Is the SME telling me that I don't understand
the language my audience is accustomed to seeing and using? If so, I would
want to see documentation from counterpart and competitor organizations to
understand how they address the audience needs I am attempting to address.

Also, is this a "my way or the highway" situation? If so, and if I don't
ever have to admit that I did that work, I might consider subordinating my
expertise to my need for a paycheck.

Don't know if this helps at all, Bob. Hope it does.

Tom Murrell