GUI design list serve--SUMMARY

Subject: GUI design list serve--SUMMARY
From: Peterson Karen <Peterson_Karen -at- prc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L a list for all technical communication issues (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:04:43 -0500

All,

Three lists were recommended. One was the ACM SIGCHI list. I have been
subscribed to it for a week, but I haven't received any messages. Here is
the information on it: http://www.acm.org/sigchi/listserv/ One was Babble,
which discusses web design. Info at http://www.highfive.com/. The other was
the Lynda Weinman (web design) list at http://www.lynda.com/; but I couldn't
find it.

Several people did recommend these GUI design resources:
http://www.useit.com/ is Jakob Nielsen's web site.
http://www.codeguru.com or http://www.devx.com. These sites are primarily
geared toward Windows/PC development, with code samples, info, and message
boards.
http://www.acm.org
http://www.usableweb.com
Dr. Theo Mandel's book The Elements of User Interface Design, ISBN
0-471-16267-1

If anyone does find a GUI design list, please post to TECHWR-L. Thanks,
Karen

"Lu Yu wrote the first definitive book on tea in A.D. 800, calling the work
Ch'a Ching."
--Wallace and Grommit desktop calendar, 4 November 1999

Karen Peterson
Peterson_Karen -at- prc -dot- com
610.260.2644