RE: peanut butter and jelly - revisited

Subject: RE: peanut butter and jelly - revisited
From: "Cascio, Justin" <Justin_Cascio -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: "'Mark Baker'" <mbaker -at- omnimark -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:16:31 -0500

Wonderful suggestion, Mark!
That's actually how I got started in this line of work, more or less. I put
myself through college by selling home electronics, and made myself the
favorite salesperson of all kinds of people because I was willing to draw
diagrams, write instructions, go to people's houses and explain how to use
their remotes, make TVs stop speaking in SAP (Secondary Audio Program) after
a power outage by walking their owners through the process over the
phone.... I never got to show my grandmother how to program her VCR, but
I've instructed my parents on many occasions how to set up their satellite
system with their VCR, how to create templates in Word, etc. By the time I
got to technical writing courses, I was ready for their assignments: hooking
up Picture-in-Picture with a VCR and cable box is a nightmare, and thus
*lots* of fun to try to document in easy, step-by-step instructions.
Justin