Re peanut butter and all other spreadables

Subject: Re peanut butter and all other spreadables
From: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:42:36 -0000

I agree with Nancy:

>>Although an interesting thread, I was not going to comment. BUT...

Ed Gregory proposed separate chapters on: jam and creamy, jelly and crunchy,
etc

Nancy Kendall proposed>> Since the primary focus of the subject is "peanut
butter", I believe the sub-topics of jam/jelly/etc. could be organized using
the following Chapter structure:

I) Creamy Peanut Butter
A) Jam
1) Strawberry

B) Jelly
1) Strawberry

C) Other
1) Bananas
2) Tomato Ketchup

II) Crunchy Peanut Butter
A)
B)
etc. <<

>>Of course, I haven't addressed the matter of bread selection. My favorite
is
Honey Wheat Berry! With that, I really don't need the "crunch" of crunchy
peanut butter. However, the texture and crunch differences make it an
interesting variation on a theme.<<

I believe the choice of bread would appropriately be added as an appendix to
the main manual. (Personally, I prefer freshly-baked sourdough rye
bread....) But the important point technically is that because peanut butter
is itself fairly dry, the bread should be moist. Scones, therefore, are not
acceptable. Care should be taken with friable crackers or Melba toast: the
load of peanut butter can easily exceed the breaking point.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Compaq, UK
These opinions are mine, and mine alone.