RE: htmlhelp .chm becomes .exe -- help!

Subject: RE: htmlhelp .chm becomes .exe -- help!
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "Drew Krause" <drkrause -at- mindspring -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:54:56 -0800

Drew Krause asked:

| I've compiled a .chm html-help file for use in a web application. When
| on the website, clicking on its link doesn't launch the help, but rather
| pops up a 'Save' box to save the help as an .exe file.
|
| Has anyone else encountered this? I couldn't find any documentation on
| this problem. All leads appreciated!

Unfortunately, this is just the way it is. This is one of the several
reasons that CHM files are not recommended for Web-based online help.

Regards,

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-550-8367
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Certified RoboHELP Instructor & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

Hands-on RoboHELP training classes
every month in Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco