RE: would you?

Subject: RE: would you?
From: "McClare, Scott" <smcclare -at- neptec -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:00:43 -0500

Kevin Feeman [mailto:Kevin -dot- Feeman -at- micromass -dot- com] asked:

> In writing a manual, a colleague suggested using the word
> "unsaved" for talking about files that have not been saved. Is unsaved
> really a word. It seems a little funny to me. I looked it up, and the word
is
> for being "saved" as in Christianity.

"Unsaved" is acceptable jargon for "not yet saved to disk [tape, other
storage medium]." I have no objection to using it that way. "Edited,
unsaved files" is far easier on the eyes than "edited files that have not
been saved" - and, *realistically* speaking, do you think you're going to
have anyone praying over their "unsaved" files? 8-)

Take care,

Scott

--
Scott A. McClare - Technical Writer
Neptec Design Group Ltd., Kanata, Ontario, Canada