Re: OSHA Regulations and warning signs

Subject: Re: OSHA Regulations and warning signs
From: "Kathie Fuller" <kjw52 -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:53:03 -0500

Go to http://www.osha.gov/

There you will be able to locate all the information you need. You can
request copies of many of the ODSA regulation booklets from this site also.
There is one concerning Lockout/Tagout and there is already a design
standard for these tags. You can purchase the tags at any Electrical Supply
house. You don't have to redesign the wheel here.

This link will take you directly to the Lockout/Tagout page.
http://www.osha-slc.gov/SLTC/controlhazardousenergy/index.html

Hope this helps
Kathie

> Hi all!
>
> I am writing operation manuals for hydraulic presses for metalforming and
> am facing a problem with warning signs to be fixed at the press.
> The OSHA Standard "The control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout)",
> Standard Number 1910.147 demands a
>
> "Tagout. The placement of a tagout device on an energy isolating device,
in
> accordance with an established procedure, to indicate that the energy
> isolating device and the equipment being controlled may not be operated
> until the tagout device is removed."
> and a
> "Tagout device. A prominent warning device, such as a tag and a means of
> attachment, which can be securely fastened to an energy isolating device
in
> accordance with an established procedure, to indicate that the energy
> isolating device and the equipment being controlled may not be operated
> until the tagout device is removed.
>
> I have never designed such sign or devices before. Can anybody (working in
> the electronic or mechanical engineering industry) point me to resources
how
> to design these things or share your own templates with me?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Andreas
>
> Andreas Ternes
> Technical Writer Tel.: 02151/895-904
> Siempelkamp Pressen Systeme Fax.:02151/895-995
> Mevissenstr.65 a -dot- ternes -at- sps-pressen -dot- de
> D-47803 Krefeld http://www.sps-pressen.de

> Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online Information Services
> Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based
Help.
> More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-
>
> Sponsored by Rose Hill, Your Business and Career Coach.
> "Assume Success! Live Your Passion!" Get the gist at
> www.coachrose.com then call 503.629.4804 for details!
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: kjw52 -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM
$subst('Email.Unsub')