Full text search engine pdf/doc?

Subject: Full text search engine pdf/doc?
From: Maaike Groenewege <mgr -at- mediasys -dot- nl>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:25:36 +0100

Dear Techwhirlers,

sorry for being OT, I tried two PDF newsgroups, but didn't get any response
there.

I've been asked to create a CD-ROM with loads of PDF and Word documents. Do
you know a search engine that can perform a full text search on both these
formats? I've already done something similar for our Intranet, using
Microsoft Index server with an Acrobat plugin, but this only works in a
client server environment and not on a CD.

Thanks for your help,

Maaike Groenewege
Technical Writer
Mediasystemen, a Triple P company