Re: documentation process

Subject: Re: documentation process
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:45:46 PST

Tony Markatos says:

The JoAnn Hackos book on documentation project management does a very good job of defining an ideal documentation process. However, to implement the ideal documentation process, a company has to have first implemented the ideal development process - something that nobody has been able to yet (or even come close to doing).

First, gain a fairly rigorous understanding of your company's development process. Then, based on this understanding, modify the ideal documentation process according to the current (political) reality.

Orginal posting below.

Uma asks:

I will shortly be required to set up documentation process in an
organization that 'works' on telecommunication products and projects.
Apart from the idea that I'll be required to write manuals, I'm not
very clear on where to begin......