ADMIN: AuthorIT

Subject: ADMIN: AuthorIT
From: ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com
To: Trudy Evans <tevans -at- actrix -dot- gen -dot- nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:34:27 -0700 (MST)

Gang,
Over the past couple of weeks, there have been several
posts by Trudy Evans strongly plugging AuthorIT. After
getting a number of complaints and queries, I asked
her point blank if she had a connection to the company
or some other axe to grind. She explicitly denied
any connection other than being a satisfied customer.

After a couple of additional followups from a resourceful
it turns out that she's actually an employee of the
company that makes AuthorIT, thus is clearly anything
but objective (not to mention the details of lying
about her identity).

I've heard from the management of the company, and they
assure me that her activities were unauthorized and
these postings will not recur.

I'm posting this now not to discourage you from checking
out AuthorIT (I know nothing about the product, and
my exchange with the management was quite pleasant) but
rather to let you know that the strong recommendations
weren't as objective as they seemed.

If anyone has other experience with the product,
posting information might be helpful to all.
Eric