re: how long to wait after an interview

Subject: re: how long to wait after an interview
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- commsoft -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:13:45 -0500

I'd say let things rest for about 2 weeks after the interview and then make
a phone call (not an e-mail or such) to see what's up. One week may be a bit
premature, as there's probably some internal BS going on to finalize the
req., and probably more interviews going on. But 2 weeks should be plenty of
time for your prospective employer to make up its mind (I mean "it" as in
company, not that the hiring manager is inhuman). After all, they have to
understand that you may be entertaining other offers.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Inc.
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>

"...painting murals with metaphors..."