RE: he/she -- they

Subject: RE: he/she -- they
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:15:37 -0800

Oh no! That would not be a good solution.

I find that I really miss having separate words for second person singular
and second person plural. (After years in Spain, I'd become accustomed to
usted and ustedes and vosotros.) To compensate I've adopted "you all" to
give me unambiguous second person plural, even though it has folksy
connotations that I don't always want. It would be a shame to extend that
vagueness to the third person, as well.

-- Meg