RE: Mixing numbers and words in the same sentence

Subject: RE: Mixing numbers and words in the same sentence
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "'John Posada'" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:48:34 -0800

John --

Of course that's true. It's much easier to relate the numerals than the
spelled out numbers or a mix. But for an official source, "The Elements of
Technical Writing" by Blake & Bly says:

"Numbers
Rule 1. Write out all numbers below 10.
Rule 2. When two or more numbers are presented in the same setion of
writing, write them as numerals."

-- Meg