RE: What department are you in?

Subject: RE: What department are you in?
From: melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com
To: writer -at- hscis -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:27:31 -0600

Howdy,

When I was a lone writer, I had the choice of being under Development,
Support or Marketing. I chose the best manager and the one most willing
to work with the other two, especially since my time was distributed pretty
much evenly between them all. I ended up under marketing.

The biggest thing to avoid is the manager who uses your time as a power
play against the other managers. I had that kind of manager at first and it
was almost impossible to get ANYTHING done. Also, look for a manager
who believes tech writing has merit. There is nothing as frustrating as a
manager who thinks your job is a waste of time and money.

I found a great manager who supported my work in all three departments
and who respected my knowledge and my opinion. I got lots done and
learned a great deal.

Melonie McMichael
Tech Writer
CG Marcom
Advanced Micro Devices
mailto:melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com