RE: Future XMLers (was document management and xml)

Subject: RE: Future XMLers (was document management and xml)
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Klopfenstein, Ed (AFS)'" <edk -at- accu-fab -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 08:30:40 -0500

Ed and other Whirlers,

I'm not a Framemaker or XML expert, so I have dumb question: why move to
Framemaker, which uses SGML? I make no pretension to understanding the
differences between XML and SGML. I guess the reason I'm curious is that
I'm documenting applications written in VB and XML, and wondered if there
would be an advantage to moving to authoring tools other than Word and
Robohelp html now, or if I should consider it for future product releases.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Connie Giordano