Re: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: Re: ethical consulting practices?
From: Julia Land <jltw -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: Theresa Jones <tjones95 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 16:55:21 -0600

> My question is, do consulting firms regularly use prospective writer's
> resume to pick up new clients? Am I being naive, or is this unethical?

Some firms do it all the time; it's just that they are usually more
subtle about it. "I'll need three peer recommendations and one
supervisor recommendations from each of your last three jobs. Please
provide the name, title, phone number, and address for each. Oh, the
supervisor has left that company? Do you know where he is now? What
other manager would be familiar with your work?"

This method can get leads for new clients and for new consultants.

Is it ethical? I don't think so, but apparently they have no problem
with it.

Julia
--
Julia Land JLTW
jalnd -at- earthlink -dot- net 713 963 0662