Need advice on developing the metadata

Subject: Need advice on developing the metadata
From: Judy Silvasi-Patchin <jspatchi -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 06:56:00 -0800

Good morning all,

We are preparing for a pilot project that will use an XML-compliant
repository. We have a set of documents that will be used for the trial and
are now attempting to get our arms around the problem of what metadata we
need to have.
We are creating a document map that traces all the sources of information
for the various sections of the document and where sections from this
document are used in other documents.
It turns out that the target document get as much as 85% of its content
from existing documents (good old cut & paste) and at least three other
documents will use some of its information.

Would like to know about your experiences and recommendations about
selecting appropriate metadata.

Thanks,

Judy Silvasi-Patchin