RE: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: RE: ethical consulting practices?
From: "Cascio, Justin" <Justin_Cascio -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:51:45 -0500

I have to agree with Andrew Plato on his points about disclosing appropriate
helpful info to recruiters. This isn't the original issue Theresa was
writing about in her experience, but since we've gotten here....

I could have lost a contract because two recruiters submitted me at the same
time for the same position... a position I did end up getting. Now I make
sure I get the name of the company-- something I've found the recruiters
will not volunteer, you do have to ask for it. Otherwise, you're just giving
a go-ahead for this "position in Palooka City that requires two years'
experience with RoboHELP." And if you ask for the company name, they'll
generally give it to you, and *you* can make sure that the four different
recruiters you've talked to haven't all submitted you to that same "position
in Palooka City."

And I'll tell you something else about my near miss experience getting that
position I mentioned. I had two different agencies wanting to hire me to
work as their consultant for the same client, same position. The salary
difference between the two offers was thousands of dollars. I found one
agency I won't call again!

Justin Cascio