RE: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: RE: ethical consulting practices?
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 10:11:32 -0500

At 09:47 AM 12/6/99 , Giordano, Connie wrote:
>Now if I could only see the resume they send before they do it!

I learned the hard way to take a copy of my resume to every interview.
Although I write my own help modules whenever possible, I'm actually a
developer. My resume lists languages at which I'm proficient and can use
to develop top-quality multi-user systems -- but I can't tell you how many
times I replied that, no, I couldn't develop in such-and-such, only to have
the interviewer say, "But it is on your resume!"

(I don't want to list something I can't do because I'm looking for a good
fit, and don't want to run ragged making a fool fo myself.)