Converting screen captures for PDF format

Subject: Converting screen captures for PDF format
From: "Burrows, Pat" <pburrows -at- gnlp -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:21:51 -0500

I need to convert a large screen capture into a format that I can place in
PageMaker, shrink down to about 65% and then export to PDF. I normally do
captures in Paint Shop Pro and save as a wmf and place into my Page
document. These seem to export nicely into PDF format. The problem that has
arisen is that I need to place numbers onto the capture so that I can label
the parts of the screen. I have tried saving the capture as an eps and
opening in Illustrator to edit and have also tried placing the wmf into
Illustrator than editing. Either way, once I export to PDF the capture turns
very blurry. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.....

Patricia Burrows
Technical Writing Coordinator
GN Nettest
109 N. Genesee St.