RE: Converting screen captures for PDF format

Subject: RE: Converting screen captures for PDF format
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:10:39 -0500

The trouble is that screen captures generally don't have enough pixels to go
around. Reducing them beyond a certain point (I think the lowest I got away
with was 70%, for print) guarantees that they'll be blurry. That's why
large screen grabs can be such a PITA, no matter what you do.

The best you can get is something that's blurry at 100% magnification, but
clear when you zoom in.

Emru Townsend | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal Web site: http://purpleplanetmedia.com
Recent musings: http://purpleplanetmedia.com/eye/film/toystory2.html