Interleaf to Frame?

Subject: Interleaf to Frame?
From: Marian Newell <MarianNewell -at- compuserve -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:33:57 -0500

Original posting:

"For those of you who have used both, which do you prefer and why? At my
company, we are using Interleaf but for the majority of our documents it's
definitely overkill. I used Frame before I came here, and I like it
better. It's powerful, but faster, more flexible, and more intuitive than
Interleaf."

Earlier reply:

"On the other hand, if Interleaf could convince me that they will increase
their investment and technical support in the publishing tool, I would
definitely give them a second look."

I used FrameMaker on Unix from 1993-95 and then Interleaf on PC (DOS not
Windows version) from 1995 -7. I haven't used versions for other platforms.
I preferred FrameMaker. I found it easier to learn initially and use
subsequently. I believe FrameMaker is still substantially cheaper than
Interleaf.

The company at which I used Interleaf seemed to receive poor support and
general service, though I was not the point of contact and do not know if
there were other issues associated with the problems that we experienced