RE: Need suggestions for converting Autocad to AI 8.0

Subject: RE: Need suggestions for converting Autocad to AI 8.0
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'Rich Collins'" <rich -at- pluris -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 02:15:59 -0000

Hi Rich,

Depending on the release of AutoCAD, Corel may be able to help. Although I
haven't done so recently, in previous projects, I used Corel Draw to import
AutoCAD (release 12, if memory serves) and then export to an early version
of AI. However, that was Corel Draw 6 -- the latest is version 9 and I
would be surprised if it didn't handle the last-but-one version of both the
AI and AutoCAD formats.

Thanks for the info on the Framers list -- I haven't received anything from
that server since Saturday and was wondering if I'd been unsubscribed!

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk