RE: OT humor - Y2K preparedness

Subject: RE: OT humor - Y2K preparedness
From: "Humbird, Len - CFC" <Humbird -dot- Len -at- cfwy -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:34:11 -0800

Alex Silbajoris [mailto:alsilba -at- hotmail -dot- com] wrote:
>Paper: Limited supplies of 8.5X11 sheets will drive market value.
>Eventually it will be profitable to mine old sheets out of landfills and
>recondition them. Farther into the future there will be no new paper at
>all, and we will have to scribble in the margins of cast-off Kaypro
manuals.

You forgot about how White-Out and Liquid Paper will play a part in the new
millennium...

Since blank paper is going to be such a valuable commodity, people will
attempt to create "recycled" paper by using White-Out and Liquid Paper on
stacks and stacks of Y2K contingency plans and "We're Y2K Compliant Too!"
press releases. This will result in a world-wide shortage of White-Out,
Liquid Paper, and white paint in general. Inevitably, blank white paper will
soon be used as a form of currency; the more white in it, the more valuable.
"White Papers" will be taken seriously.

Fortunately tech writers and desktop publishers will be well-prepared and
finally get the respect we deserve, amid the collapse of civilization. This
is because we've always known just how valuable it is to have enough "white
space."

:-)