Re: MS Project alternatives?

Subject: Re: MS Project alternatives?
From: JimGroark -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:40:10 EST

My recommendation would be Miletsones, Etc. from Kidasa Software. Their URL
is http://www.kidasa.com. I know they once had a try-before-you-buy CD which
you could use for a limited time. Then, if you decided to buy, upon receipt
of payment, they'd provide a code allowing you to "unlock" the CD for
permanent use.

I like Milestones, Etc. because it's about as simple as you can get, yet
produces Gantt charts every bit as impressive in appearance as MS Project.
It's very user-friendly with its drag & drop interface. Plus, it costs only
a small fraction of the MS Project price. It will import, inter alia, .MPX
files.

Unfortunately, Microsoft has such a lock on the Federal Government
software market, that you'll probably never see it there.

Jim Groark
Subject: MS Project alternatives?
From: Mary Reinhardt <mbreinha -at- us -dot- oracle -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:49:30 -0500

Regarding the frustrations with Microsoft Project, which I have experienced
myself, has anyone found a good alternative?

(For those unfamiliar with Project, it's a project planning tool with which
you
can create gantt charts and see other views of your schedule, milestones, task
assignments, and other related data.)

Mary Reinhardt