User Conference

Subject: User Conference
From: Sharon Key <sharon -at- dra -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:16:46 -0600

Our documentation department (all three of us) have the opportunity to setup
a booth at our annual user's conference to show off our new online
documentation. I've suggested to my boss that this would be a great
opportunity to talk with our users, see how they interact with the software,
etc. She is enthusiastic about the idea and has charged me to put together
a plan explaining what we could do.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has had the same opportunity. How did you
approach it? Did you develop a questionnaire? Did you develop a dog and
pony show showing how to access the information? Did you just point them to
the software and watch them play with it? I'm fairly certain my approach
will have a little bit of everything, but anything anyone could suggest
would be appreciated.

BTW, our company develops library automation software. Most of the people
who will be attending the conference are library administrators and system
administrators.

Sharon Key
Senior Technical Writer
Data Research Associates