Re: Ladies and gentlemen, I... er...

Subject: Re: Ladies and gentlemen, I... er...
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: markl -at- gilian -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:15:50 PST

Mark Levinson asks:

....What does an experienced writer know that the rest of a high-tech
company would like to hear about?

Tony Markatos responds:

1.) End-user task analysis - the importance of having both analysis skills AND strong people skills.

2.) The importance of graphics. I have been in the field for over fifthteen years and have never see a flow chart of any rigor come out of design (actually, I did see one, but he was a manager - don't count.) I create such all the time (have to in order to make sense out of primatively designed software). A picture is worth a thousand words.