Re: Greetings and Salutations

Subject: Re: Greetings and Salutations
From: Jennie Smith <jsmith -at- en2z -dot- com>
To: Tharpt2 -at- aol -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:28:51 -0800

Lurker here...

Tharpt2 -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

> or implied). Basically I'm having trouble with the Ms., Miss, Mrs., thing.

As far as I'm concerned, there shouldn't be any trouble with Ms. vs. Miss vs.
Mrs. You should always use Ms. to address a woman because you can't go wrong.
It is always true, whether or not she's married.

And as for addressing someone by their first name in a cover letter, I have never
felt comfortable doing that for the first correspondence. If s/he responds to me
with his/her first name, then I go ahead and use the first name. But maybe I'm
just having the same worries as you! ...

Jennie

--
Jennie Smith